Careers in the Department of Defence
The Department of Defence employ young, fit and healthy candidates who are Citizens of the Republic of South Africa. New members will serve for a two-year period to augment the SANDF’s deployment capability. At the expiring of the two-year term contract, the majority of each intake will be channeled into the SA National Defence Force and the rest to the Reserve Force. Only the best of the best will be selected for continued service in the SA National Defence Force.
- Public Service (Government Employees only) (www.dpsa.gov.za).
- General Public (All SA Citizens) Click here for latest advertisements.
- Application Form (Z83) for Civilian Careers (Click here for Form)
- For Salaries linked to Levels as indicated on Adverts for Civilian Careers, please visit
the website www.dpsa.gov.za
- (Applications received from candidates with physical disabilities for Civilian Careers
in the Department of Defence will be recognized .)