Absa External Bursary opportunity
The Absa Young Talent Team would like to invite colleagues’ dependants and any other external students or learners who colleagues would like to refer, to apply for the Absa External Bursary for 2012. This opportunity is only open to those studying full time and is not open to Absa internal employees wishing to further their studies. Applicants should either be provisionally accepted for or currently studying towards the following degrees at a South African accredited university:
· Bachelor or postgraduate degree in Accounting towards a CA qualification;
· Bachelor or postgraduate degree in Actuarial Sciences;
· Bachelor or postgraduate degree in Mathematical Sciences;
· Bachelor or postgraduate degree in Informatics;
· Bachelor or postgraduate degree in Statistics;
· Bachelor or postgraduate degree in Risk Management;
· Bachelor or postgraduate degree in Human Resource Management;
· Bachelor or postgraduate degree in Agricultural Sciences;
· Bachelor or postgraduate degree in Industrial Psychology; or
· National Diploma, Bachelor or postgraduate degree in Engineering.
The minimum requirement for first-year applicants (i.e. those who will complete their Matric this year) is that they should have an average of 80% for their Preliminary exams. Applicants in second year and up should have a June 2011 average of 65%.
First-year applicants (i.e. Matric completed in 2011) are required to send the following to Youngtalent.bursaries by Monday, 5 December:
· A copy of their Preliminary academic transcript;
· The name of University they have been provisionally accepted to;
· The discipline they will be studying; and
· Their CV.
Applicants who are in their second year or above can apply online by clicking http://www.absa.co.za/Absacoza/About-Absa/Careers/School-Leavers/Bursary-Programme.
The deadline for applications is Monday, 5 December.
Please send any queries to Youngtalent.bursaries
Head: Young Talent – Graduates & Bursaries