Here are the latest Jobs for Friends. If possible, forward this e-mail to all your friends & family whom you think might be interested, or who might be looking for a new vacancy!!!
PS: Please send their updated CV’s to dumisani, or phone me at The Office: 012 663 2082
Senior Support Engineer
Contract position (Santon)
At least 4 years of experience in supporting Unix based Infrastructure products, preferably in Financial Enterprise Solutions
Duties and responsibilities include:
· Installation and Upgrades
o Full review of Market Data & Electronic Trading Systems software releases, analysis of suitability to client environment and installation of needed software upgrades
o Market Data Systems recommended OS patch levels are compared to those installed at site with recommendations made to client IT staff for implementation
· Reimaging and Restoration.
o After every major Market Data Systems & Electronic Trading upgrade, create a backup file of all server site configurations to facilitate a complete component restoration if needed
o In the event of a catastrophic server failure, a complete restoration of the Market Data System software will need to be performed.
· Operational Checks
o Series of periodic checks to provide assurance that the onsite infrastructure is performing as designed
· Resiliency Checks
o Planned systematic failure of critical components to assure system failovers occur as designed with predicted user impacts
o Training session to the First level Support
o Provide support for the Market Data System Infrastructure.
· Accountable for the timeliness and quality of support work.
· Be able to work under pressure without supervision while balancing competing priorities.
· Have outstanding verbal & written communication skills and a proven ability to learn quickly.
· Identify project risks and implement appropriate mitigation and contingency strategies
· Be the driver for resolving issues and escalating as appropriate
· Undergraduate university degree or higher, Solaris or Red Hat Linux certification preferred.
Required Skills (Must have), Necessary industry Experience & associated number of years of experience:
· At least 4 years of experience in supporting Unix based Infrastructure products, preferably in Financial Enterprise Solutions
· The successful candidate will have strong working exposure in a complex architectures, in a support or implementation consultant role.
· Have analytical and strong troubleshooting skills around distributed infrastructure solutions across differing jurisdictions, locations, platforms & software
· A track record of successfully supporting large, technical, multi-streamed infrastructures
· Must be a proactive self starter and possess the ability to solve problems and address issues with creativity and innovation.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Experience in using other Microsoft Office tools – Word, Powerpoint, Project.
· Knowledge of financial markets and understanding of business requirements ability to work in a demanding environment to meet customer deadlines.
· Experienced in Unix, Windows, Linux Operating Systems.
· Experienced in Sybase, Oracle, SQL database systems preferred.
Embedded Software Team Leader(Pretoria)
Tertiary Education Requirements:
BEng Computer Engineering or better
BSc Computer Science or better
Industry exposure required:
5 – 12 years work experience
General Knowledge and experience required / preferred:
· Analysis and management of non-functional software requirements
· Embedded software architecture definition and design
· Software technology selection and architecture evaluation
· Excellent C++ knowledge and development experience
· Excellent embedded Linux knowledge and development experience
· Experience with GTK / QT graphics development
· Experience in software design development and testing
· Interpersonal communication
· Coaching and mentoring software developers
· Software quality assurance processes
· Communication protocols
· Principles of secure systems
The position comprises of development of a core messaging and security software framework / architecture for a ruggedized PDA using a Linux OS:
· Collaboration with the members of the existing software team in review and analysis of present software functional and non-functional (architectural) requirements
· Collaboration with the members of the existing software team in definition / design / and implementation of a new architecture.
· Collaboration with the members of the existing software team in technology selection and architecture evaluation.
· Leadership of a software development team to re-implement the PDA’s existing functionality on the new architecture.
· Proof of qualifications are required
· Full academic record is required
· Reference are required
Onsite Operational Engineer
3-5 years experience
Must have a passport
One Year contract;
Primary point of contact for Customer’s production issues
Call handling / bug tracking
Problem analysis / technical troubleshooting
Development of fixes / workarounds
Testing fixes/workarounds and testing of product/solution level releases
Production roll-out support of fixes and product/solution level releases
Interfacing with customers for operational support activities
Working with operational team on maintaining customers production system
Providing on-call (rotational) support as agreed with Support Service Manager
Mentoring and review of more junior engineers
Competent & demonstrable software development and debugging skills acquired in all of the following:
§ A scripting language such as Shell, TCL/TK, DCL and/or
§ A programming language such as C, C++ or Java
§ UNIX (HP and Sun) / Linux
Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills
Broad understanding of telecommunications and the operation of applications in the Telecom industry
Software Design & Development in industry
Demonstrable analysis abilities
Ability to monitor and operate a mediation/rating solution, seeking to foresee problems and resolve them before major crises occur
Ability to understand complex technical issues and recommend / implement solutions and fixes
Telecom networking protocols (ISDN, X.25, SS7)
In-depth understanding of telecom networks and technologies
Development life cycle
High-Availability Environment concepts
Previous experience in a support organization