Roles and Responsibilities
The role of the Specialist Systems Developer would be:
- Gather customer requirements, including functional and non-functional requirements of the application
- Review current application and technologies for compatibility and conformance to new customer requirements and projects.
- Assist the business analyst in creating detailed requirements that specify the technical architecture of the system
- Develop applications that are maintainable, reliable, scalable and secure
- Develop and implement applications to eliminate fraudulent transactions.
- Review high level design to ensure the legacy application is buildable
- Reviews and documents software failures and takes corrective action as directed
- Provides technical planning and enhancement of legacy applications, maintenance and support
- Monitors application, provides feedback and report to development team manager.
- Perform code review, quality assurance, code inspections.
Mandatory Skill Requirements
The incumbents should possess minimum 5 years practical experience in the following:
- Legacy systems design, development, support and maintenance
- SQL DATABASE
- STANDARD SDLC PROCESS
- Web Services Architecture
- Multi-tier Systems
The position is based in Pretoria.
If interested, forward CV to email@example.com.